...or at least the top ten I thought of today. Tomorrow half of them might be different. This week the the Broke and the Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday is a freebie! I couldn't help it. Possibly because...no, no, I just couldn't help it: YA love interests just sounded like fun. So in no particular order, here are my Top Ten (for today).
1. Dimitri Belikov from Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series. The parts of Dimitri I adore are ones I'm going to echo a lot here. I have a type, okay? His devotion to his duty and refusal to let anything turn from it. His love for his family. ...and yes, his accent.
2. Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. Seriously. Who didn't have a crush on Gilbert? That night when Anne thought he was dying still makes me cry.
3. Almanzo Wilder from the Little House books. He drove 20 miles in blizzard weather to find the seed wheat to save the town. He took her for carriage rides. He built her the perfect kitchen. *sigh*
4. Valek from Maria V. Snyder's Study series. Dangerous, deadly and utterly devoted. Also he started off by threatening to kill her, and it wasn't creepy at all. I can't help it. I love Valek.
5. Kaisa from Ash by Malinda Lo. She's got horses. Gorgeous horses and tells Ash stories.
6. Eli Stock (Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen). I had to have a Dessen boy in here somewhere, right? Eli and Wes are my favourites, and I flipped a coin. (Well, I went to a random number generator but same difference)
7. George Cooper from The Song of the Lioness and other Tortall books by Tamora Pierce. King of Thieves. He taught Prince Jonathan how to be a King. He takes care of his people both as a thief and after when he becomes a spy. And he utterly adores - and respects - Alanna.
8. Ilya Bakhtian from Jaran by Kate Elliott. He's a Genghis Khan-type figure with the soul of a poet. Uncompromising and completely devoted to his people, but he bends for Tess.
9. Etienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. So not the perfect guy. Not even close. But he takes Anna to the center point of France. He climbs to the top of Notre Dame for her! He convinces her not to be afraid of Paris!
10. Adam Wilde (If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman) He brought Mia her music.