Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Waiting on Wednesday's a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine featuring upcoming releases that make us jitter as we wait for them to appear on the bookstore shelves!

The book I absolutely positively can't wait to read is:

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
August 23, 2011


Synopsis from Publisher: The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.



I seriously Can’t. Wait. for Bloodlines. Luckily it’s only 3 weeks away, but still! I absolutely adored the Vampire Academy books. Obsessed over them, debated them, reread them a million times. Rose Hathaway’s easily my favourite recent young adult character with Lissa and Dimitri very close up there as well. So when Richelle announced she was writing a new series in the same universe? Count me in!

I have to admit though that my utter love for the Rose, Lissa, Dimitri trio makes it hard to think of new VA-verse books not focusing on those three, but I trust Richelle and I very much liked our new main characters. However the politics wonk in me wants MOAR Moroi politics and maneuvering now that Lissa’s Queen! I hope we’ll still get some looks at Court and what’s going on there even with the new focus on Sydney and Jill.

Can't wait? Here's the first chapter tease released last month to whet our appetites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read and adore each one.