Sunday, September 18, 2011

In My Mailbox: Sunday September 18

So it's Sunday again (somehow!), and I spent too much money at the bookstore this week. Which means we have another edition of The Story Siren's excellent meme: In My Mailbox!


The first three books I got at the local independent bookstore - Claudia Gray's Fateful, Gabrielle Zevin's All These Things I've Done, and Deb Caletti's The Six Rules of Maybe.  I've totally been looking forward to Gray's "werewolves on the Titanic" book since she started talking about it, and it finally came out this week!  Martha Schabas' Various Positions is one I ordered from a used book seller so I haven't gotten it yet, but it's a ballet book!  I couldn't resist.

From the library I only got two (mostly because I forgot to pick up my hold list when I left on Friday):

Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien - so I can reread and then review Prized!
The Living Dead 2 - John Joseph Adams editor - a collection of zombie stories from a bunch of awesome authors.

And thanks to NetGalley and Myrick Marketing and Media for the eARCs for review of the following!

Soldier's Game by James Killgore
Crusade in Jeans by Thea Beckman


As always, I can't wait to get reading!

What excellent new books (or new to you!) did you pick up this week?

16 comments:

  1. I would love the read All These Things I've Done. It sounds like an interesting twist on dystopian, and I'm sure I'll wind up loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection this week! I can't wait to read Fateful and All These Things I've Done. The others sound interesting too, so I'm going to have to check them out. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! "Soldier's Game" and "Crusade in Jeans" look really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, I want to read Fateful so badly!

    I bought Various Positions a couple weeks ago :) Haven't read it yet..

    Great mailbox this week!

    Michele | my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jess Day - Thank you! I'm excited.

    @Shoshanah - I didn't go in to the store planning to buy All These Things... but the first few chapters just sucked me in. I hope it lives up to that!

    @SweetMarie83 - Thank you! I'm pretty thrilled to start reading. I started All These Things... this morning, and under the jacket, the book is like a chocolate bar! So cute.

    @DeniseF - I hope they'll be good! And they fulfill my "read more books with a male protagonist" plan.

    @Michele - I finished Fateful last night and really enjoyed it! Cause...WEREWOLVES AND THE TITANIC! I can't wait for Various Positions to get here. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I am excited to read Fateful and Various Positions. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, new follower here! I can't wait to read All These Things I've Done. Happy reading!

    Peggy
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Werewolves on the Titanic? Yeah, that does sound like a must-read. The Various Positions cover is making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Six Rules of Maybe from the library right now. I should be starting it within the next week. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    New follower!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Bailey and @TG - I just posted my review of Fateful over here if you want to check it out! Short version: I totally loved it.

    @Peggy - I'm just about to start All These Things... If you take the dust jacket off the hardcover, it looks like a chocolate bar! I'm tickled pink by this.

    @Annabell - ooh, I'm excited to see what you think of it too! It's on such a touchy subject. I'm interested to see how Caletti handles it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the follow and congrats on your awesome haul this week! I just finished All These Things I've Done and I loved it, hope you enjoy everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful Mailbox!

    My IMM, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Christi - I'm so happy to hear that! I haven't seen many reviews of it.

    @Sharon - Thank you! I'm enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice. Hope you enjoy these books. Heard Cavangh O'Brien read from Birthmarked earlier today at the Brooklyn Book Festival. New follower. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read and adore each one.