Top Ten Tuesday: the weekly meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at The Broke and the Bookish.
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - This one isn't even out yet! And speaking of, does anyone know why this book’s being released on a THURSDAY? It’s so odd. ....plus I was hoping to get it next Tuesday when I’ll be in Grand Rapids.
2. Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn’t Have) by Sarah Mlynowski - I’ve been wanting to since it came out, but I finally got a copy from the library yesterday! I almost bought it last week but ended up with All These Things I've Done instead.
3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - Well, other than the fact that the author is apparently Valentine’s sister, I keep hearing good things about this! Magical realism and 19th century circuses and magicians - it sounds right up my alley. The lovely Maggie gave me a Starbucks code to get it from iTunes, but it’s only the first part. I’m so getting my hands on the whole thing soon.
4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - This is another one that I’ve seen tons of good reviews for. I have a partial copy from NetGalley that I’m enjoying, but I’m dreading the end!
5. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson - There are so many books coming out that I’ve seen reviews everywhere for and I can’t wait to read! Thankfully this one’s out today, but I probably won’t be visiting a book store until next week. I suppose this meme proves my TBR pile doesn’t need to be bigger.
6. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson - The whole Milennium Trilogy even. This book was even at my family’s cottage and all my aunts, uncles and younger cousins were talking about it. I got a copy for my Kindle for like $5 last summer, but... I keep hearing all about the violence and I’m kind of a wuss.
7. Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergen - And one that’s in my TBR pile but keeps getting pushed farther down. Everyone’s been talking about the whole trilogy, and it's time travel so I'm intrigued! I got it for free for the Kindle, but it's lost in the TBR category.
The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell - I haven’t been able to get my hands on a copy! And it’s still in the ‘new books’ section at the library so I can’t request it. Siiiiiigh. One day.
9. Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - The jacket cover on this sounds awesome. The reviews I’ve read for it make it sound fantastic. And yet there's something about Barnes' writing that turns me off.
10. Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn - I had this out of the library earlier this summer and ended up losing it then returning it before I could read it. I’ve seen so much love for it though, and it seems like everyone I know was enthralled by it.
Are there any of these that you think I definitely should promote to the top of my TBR pile right away? Or any that you have strong feelings on either way?